Record what the Suspect or Witness Sees: Documenting Digital Evidence with Screenshots
When you get there first, you have the ability to see the digital evidence exactly as your suspect or witness is seeing it – you may even have them walk you through the data screen by screen or scroll by scroll.
With screenshots, you can capture evidence on mobile devices so you can present it to prosecutors exactly as you encountered it. You can also document what you capture to provide context related to your findings or the user and device-specific data which can become part of your case.
Join Rich Frawley, Director of Digital Forensics Training at ADF Solutions, as he walks you through the current state of acquiring data from mobile devices with screen captures. In this session you will learn:
- When to use screenshots to capture application or device-specific data
- Best practices for documenting evidence with an emphasis on chain of custody
- How to leverage Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities when large amounts of data are involved
- Why witnesses may be more compelled to share with screenshots
- Benefits of screenshots in building your case to make your case even more reliable.